Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Black Hole of Insanity

For people who know me. I can easily be ranked as a junkie when it comes to a good theatrical performance. I love watching plays it can take me to places that I have never been to and do things that I have never done before. It can influence my life in an instance and can change my perspective without any difficulty [much less force from my friends]. A play can also depress me so much that I will prattle about it harder than anybody else. [That's what I am doing right now]


Remember when I posted about Amor's visit in Manila because of the plays that we ought to watch? Well this is all about the plays. It took me a month before I can finally gather myself and make a blog out of it.


You see, we had to watch 3 plays then at two different locations. One of it was held at our own beloved university which was done by the theater group that we belong to. The other two where done by a group of second year and third year students from a school where my friend Amor helped the kids through a workshop.


I was really looking forward to watching our org's play since it's been a year and their budget is quite big. I was hoping that since they prepared for it for almost 5 months. It will make an impact on me.


Creepy
It did, the impact was so huge I was taken in a different place, no it's not a different dimension and it was not pleasant either. I was taken into the black hole of my insane mind. It was not easy. I was in a catatonic state for an hour. I was so thankful when they had a 10 minute break in the middle of the play because I had to wipe my drool out of my face. No, I'm not exaggerating. I am stating a fact. And yes Margy. I should have listened when you told me not to watch that horrid play. From now on, I will stand by your judgement. I swear I will!

Now the next play we've seen that day was an amateur done by mere children. But compared to what I saw from the first play. We've been to the two last ones were like a breath of fresh air. They might not be professionals but they know what they are doing and they did not spend eighty effing thousand on a speech choir.





Aside from Cessa's constant goofiness on one of the casts, the devil, everything turned out fine!! Thanks Amor you made me realize that teaching children might not always be a bad idea.

2 comments:

  1. you are sooo mean! hahahah!
    anyway, you are right.
    they spent 80 f*ck*ng thousand of pesos for that grrrr...(can you call that "a play?")

    ReplyDelete